Resource of the article: How to Use Dahua iDMSS on iPhone & Dahua gDMSS on Android Phone
This tutorial, How to Use Dahua iDMSS on iPhone & Dahua gDMSS on Android Phone, is updated in May 2018. This tutorial is meant for the CCTV / IP Camera solutions from the brand of Dahua. The similar guide for Hikvision is here: Setup guide of iVMS-4500 for Hikvision CCTV, IP Camera, NVR, DVR.
What are iDMSS and gDMSS
iDMSS and gDMSS are a mobile phone surveillance applications from Dahua, which are available on iPhone and Android phones respectively, supporting Dahua CCTV Camera, XVR, NVR, HDCVI CCTV Camera, IP Cameras, etc. both iDMSS and gDMSS have two versions each: lite and plus; all the Apps are free and can be downloaded from Apple App Store and Google Play Store.
The key features of Dahua iDMSS and gDMSS Mobile Surveillance Applications include:
- Support real-time live/playback
- Support view and control live video streams from cameras and video encoders
- Support Push Alarm, Video Playback, Task wheel, Finger Gesture, Windows Slide and so on.
- Task Wheel to change Favorites Group
- Support H.265/H.264/MPEG-4/JPEG decoding
- Support Easy4IP – Dahua’s own P2P solution
How to Use Dahua iDMSS on iPhone & Dahua gDMSS on Android Phone
If you have installed the Dahua CCTV Camera, XVR, NVR, or IP Camera system from us, and would like to find out how to use Dahua iDMSS on iPhone & Dahua gDMSS on Android phones, you can refer to the below tutorial as the step-by-step guide. In this tutorial, we use iDMSS on iPhone as the illustration, rest assured that the logic is the same for gDMSS on Android phones.
1. Go to the “App Store”, download the app: iDMSS Lite / iDMSS Plus; or gDMSS Lite / gDMSS Plus from “Google Play Market”. These are the links: iDMSS Lite on App Store, gDMSS Lite on Google Play Store
2. After downloading the app, click to open it. You will see the step that is asking you to choose the “Country or Area”. Please choose the country of your current residence. The purpose is to facilitate the P2P connection of Dahua’s Easy4IP. The country or area you choose can be changed later, so don’t worry if you will move to other countries in the future.
3. Click the Top Left Corner as shown below to enable the menu choices.
4. The first thing you need to do now is to add the Dahua IP Camera, XVR, NVR, etc to the iDMSS or gDMSS. So please click Device Manager now.
5. Now you will have multiple choices to add the Dahua devices, such as WiFi Devices, Wired Device, etc. Choose the option that is suitable for your case. If you are not sure, please contact your Dahua device supplier; or if you have purchased the Dahua IP Camera, XVR, NVR, HDCVI Camera from us and not sure what to do, please contact us.
6. Now, you have two options to add the Dahua device to the app: P2P or IP/Domain. Choose the option that is suitable for your installation, or follows our or your device supplier’s advice. Again, if you have purchased the Dahua IP Camera, XVR, NVR, HDCVI Camera from us and not sure what to do, please contact us
7. Refer to this step if you have chosen to add via P2P. Click the barcode icon as follows to launch the barcode scanner camera. Scan the barcode on the Dahua IP Camera, XVR or NVR (on the device itself, on the packaging box, or on the web interface) to add the device. After that, please enter the device name, username and password. If you have purchased the Dahua IP Camera, XVR, NVR, HDCVI Camera from us and not sure what to do, please contact us. After you have entered all the required information correctly, click Start Live View to watch the live video footage.
8. Refer to this step if you have chosen to add via IP/Domain. Enter the information of Device Name, Address, User Name, Password. You should have created the information, or been given the information by your device supplier. Again, if you have purchased the Dahua IP Camera, XVR, NVR, HDCVI Camera from us and not sure what to do, please contact us. After you have entered all the required information correctly, click Start Live View to watch the live video footage.
9. Another way to watch the Live View is to click the Live View as follows.
10. Upon clicking Live View, choose and click the IP camera / NVR / XVR you want to watch, then you will see the live view after that.
11. Referring the image below, clicking the icon circled will enable the switch between mainstream and substream – a way to switch between fluent transmission and clear image.
12. Referring to the image below. Click the icons circled will allow you to do the screenshot, keep the video clips, or close the live view.
13. To replay the old records, click the Playback as follows.
14. Upon clicking Playback, select the start and end time for the recorded video, also remember to select the Dahua device of which you want to replay the video.
Final Words on Dahua iDMSS on iPhone and Dahua gDMSS on Android Phones
Dahua iDMSS and gDMSS allow you to watch and control Dahua IP Camera, XVR, NVR, HDCVI Camera on-the-go. You can enjoy the user-friendliness and robustness that Dahua has brought for you. Dahua iDMSS and gDMSS are just client software, so what you do on the iDMSS and gDMSS will not affect the Dahua CCTV Camera you have installed: recording works on the server-side independently. So, please feel free to try it!